If back pain is impacting your life, Dr. Shaneen Brown and the Southern Palms Chiropractic and Wellness team in Spartanburg, SC provide various treatments to help you achieve natural and lasting back pain relief.
Common Causes and Effects of Living With Back Pain
Back pain is no one’s friend. Yet millions of Americans – adults and children alike – suffer from back pain every single day. And it has a way of negatively impacting every area of life. It can:
- Create trouble concentrating
- Prevent you from getting good sleep
- Stop you from taking care of daily chores
- Make playing with or picking up your little ones difficult
- Slow down your normal pace
All of this can impact children, too, which can make learning and playing a real challenge.
As there are so many different causes of back pain, it can be difficult to understand exactly where it comes from. The following are just a few of the most common reasons you might have back pain:
- Poor posture
- Spinal misalignment or compression
- Compressed nerve
- Repetitive movement
- Improper lifting technique
- Muscle strains or sprains
- Herniated disc
- Degenerative disc disease
- Excess weight due to obesity or pregnancy
Treatment Methods for Back Pain Relief in Spartanburg, SC
As there are so many causes of back pain, there’s not one single treatment that can address the issue. Customized treatment plans are developed at Southern Palms Chiropractic and Wellness that suites the individual and their condition. This can include but is not necessarily limited to the following treatment methods.
- Spinal adjustments: These are utilized to ensure proper spinal alignment, decompress nerves and discs, and relieve pressure from the muscles in the back. Dr. Brown offers adjustments of varying force to ensure the gentlest treatment when necessary.
- Massage therapy: Massage therapy is excellent for relieving tension, improving the flow of blood and nutrients to damaged areas, and more.
- Therapeutic exercise: A combination of stretching and strengthening is an effective way to address the root cause of pain and prevent further episodes.
- Tens unit: Electrical stimulation through a Tens unit can relieve pain, muscle spasms, and more while increasing the flow of blood to the target area.
No matter your age or tolerance level, there is a treatment available for you. Dr. Brown will work closely with you to determine the most effective and most comfortable treatment for your needs.
If you, your children, or any other family member are living with back pain, you can put a stop to it by scheduling an appointment. Call Southern Palms Chiropractic and Wellness in Spartanburg, SC at (864) 256-1437 to start your journey toward back pain relief today.